Sunday, August 16, 2009
On my list of things to do this summer was to get Eden a chest of drawers. My mom had this one at her house and let me have it. It obviously needed some TLC. I wanted to have a pottery barn feel with a little shabby chic. so this is what I came up with. I remove the remaining Silver hardware. I filled in the holes and created new ones with Clint's power drill. Then attached the new wood pulls that I painted along with the whole piece. Above is the before and below is the after.
And here is a close up of the shabby chic detail. I think it turned out great.
The next project that I had on my list was to cover the chairs I got from my Sister in Law. I have only gotten to one of them, but it is the one in our living room. The one downstairs will have to wait until I decide what I really want to basement to look like.
This is the lovely chair before (above) and Below is the after.
and here is an up close so you can see the fabric detail.
One thing that doesn't show in the pictures is the zippers. I took them out of the original cushions and put them in the new ones. Now I can take them on and off easily when they need to be washed.
I got some great tips on how to slip cover a chair from Here. My chair has a bit different shape but it was nice to see the process step by step first before I jumped on a project like this.
thanks pink and polka dot.
Posted by Emily at 9:38 PM